I spent most of September fully in denial that summer was over. It was warm and sunny a lot of the days, and we only turned the heat on once or twice. It didn’t really feel much different than most of the summer here in Dublin usually does! But I can’t deny it any longer: autumn is here and I might as well make a whole list of ways to enjoy it!
Do you make lists for enjoying the seasons? I like making a list so the season doesn’t slip by without doing some of these special things. Some of these activities we wouldn’t necessarily be able to find here in Dublin (do you know where to find a pumpkin patch in this country?!), but we’ll be in Houston and Maine in a few weeks, so we kind of get to cheat!
- go to a pumpkin patch
- carve pumpkins
- collect and press leaves (I did this already and it wasn’t that successful. I think you have to press them for longer than a day?)
- make a leaf garland
- pick branches with berries for the table
- make homemade chai
- have a pumpkin spice latte (we can even get this in Dublin!)
- collect driftwood
- get hot cider at the farmer’s market
- bake something apple-y
- bake something pumpkin-y
- make a wreath from branches
- pick up a mum for the garden
- eat lots of candy corn
- learn a new way to tie a scarf
- have a picnic on the beach, preferably breakfast with a thermos of coffee
- go for a walk in the country/woods
- crunch through piles of leaves (did this for 10 miles this weekend on my run!)
- make caramel apples or pears
Anything else I should add to the list?
And here are three free and wonderful autumn wallpaper downloads for your desktop! Enjoy!